Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blood Sugar, Menu Planning, Probiotics

Another weekend without me went smoothly . . . well as far as what they ate. I planned out enough quick, easy meals for the weekend and my husband was able to feed them healthy food without much thought. Good thing too, because he ended up sick all weekend. Poor guy!

On another note - my midwife called me yesterday to let me know that my iron was low and my blood sugar was high. What!?!?!? I have low blood sugar, not high! She is having me test my sugar levels 4 times a day for about 2 weeks. I started testing last night after dinner and I have yet to be high. Actually I have hit as low as 62! (Anything below 70 is considered hypoglycemic.) So I will be testing and go see my midwife next Thursday. I am very curious to see how the rest of the week plays out. I am keeping a diary of what I eat and any other major changes that occur during the day.

And another note - I've had this "foot funk" for the past few months. It is unbearably itchy. I've tried several anti-fungal creams and salves with no relief. I was researching about how food affects my children's behavior and discovered something very interesting. If the fungal growth is high in your gut it will come out through warts, athlete's foot, yeast infections, etc. Interesting! So I started with simple probiotics daily. Three days later, my foot stopped itching. It has been a week now and still no itching or burning. I am very excited. I plan to continue my regimen with grapefruit seed extract.

No comments:

Email: