Wednesday, October 8, 2008

WFMW - Kitchen Gadgets


This my first Works for Me Wednesday (WFMW). Visit Rocks in My Dryer for a complete list of those participating.

I love to cook and love trying new gadgets in the kitchen! So I'm gonna tell you about some of my favorite tools. Since my husband sees cooking as my job/art/hobby he also sees the importance of having the right tools! So he allows me to purchase new "tools" whenever our budget allows.

Cookbooks - I'm listing these first because I wouldn't have a complete kitchen without them! I love books and cooking so that turns into a large collection of cookbooks! My favorites are shown in the window at the top of the page. (Ordering from this page benefits me . . . a little! LOL)

Bosch Universal Machine - The everything machine can be found at The Urban Homemaker. I love this machine! I have the blender, bread bowl with kneading hook and wisk, meat grinder, and food processor attachments! It is a large one-time investment, but well worth it! I have had parts replaced for free on my blender!

Food Chopper - I have tried other brands but prefer the Pampered Chef version. I chop nuts, onions, peppers, cookies, and more with this gadget. This is great for the small jobs when I don't want to dirty my food processor. I literally used this until it broke. I will be buying a new one soon.

Batter Bowl - I'm not trying to have a Pampered Chef advertising thing here, but that is where I bought my batter bowl. We use this for almost everykind of batter we make. We will make a large batch of pancake batter, cook some for breakfast, and then stick the lid on and put the bowl in the fridge until the next morning. Works great!

Stoneware - I also bought all of mine from Pampered Chef. What can I say? I'm a pampered chef junkie! I have two large pizza stones, 1 rectangle cookie sheet, 1 large bar pan, 1 medium bar pan, 1 small bar pan, 2 loaf pans, 1 pie plate, 1 round baker, 1 rectangle baker, and 1 small oval baker. We lived in a 5th wheel trailer for two years and I had to cook in a gas stove. I love gas stoves, but for some reason the rv ones don't cook very evenly. My stoneware was the only way I could cook anything! It absorbs the heat and then distributes it evenly.

Electric Knife - I bought mine for $1 at a yard sale years ago, but would not like to go without it! We mainly use it to slice bread. It cuts so evenly without squishing the bread.

Dough Divider - This is a simple, but useful tool. I use it for dividing dough, obviously, but also works great for scraping dough off the counter or picking up tortillas. Urban Homemaker also sells this.

Sproutmaster - This is a fun and easy way to sprout! I used to use a quart jar, but this is so much easier and more effecient. You can find this little gadget at Urban Homemaker too!

2 comments:

Searching For Simplicity said...

Thanks for sharing. Those all sound great!

Becky Avella said...

I'm glad you did WFMW. It's a lot of fun and I've met some neat people in the blogging world because of it. Thanks for the list. I'm saving it as a wish list for my kitchen. I use the PC chopper, too, and love it, especially for chopping onions.

BTW- I've been using Agave Nectar instead of sugar and it is working great. My mom used it to make oatmeal raisin cookies this past week and my kids ate them up. Hope you are having a good week.

: ) Becky

Email: